I love pasta. I honestly could eat it every day for weeks and never get bored. To be honest, I could probably eat a few pasta based meals again and again quite happily. It’s just so filling and comforting.
Pasta bake is probably one of my
Which made this Creamy Salmon and Leek Pasta Bake the ideal choice for one of the first real meals I’ve cooked since Christmas. We had the most wonderful week…or two, of basically eating cheese. We don’t have Christmas dinner here, so I can’t even say we ate leftovers. We ate cheese, and pate, and a New Year’s Eve Indian. I didn’t cook a meal for so long. Which was awesome, but by the funny weekend between I was ready to eat proper food and get outside again.
When it comes to salmon, I’m a bit funny. As a kid, I only remember having tinned salmon. Which was fine. Then as an adult, I’ve never been sure about fillets of salmon. I like them with
So I put it in a pasta bake. Because that makes everything better. The sauce in this Creamy Salmon and Leek Pasta Bake is a super simple, but wonderfully tasty double cream and loads of tarragon. I love tarragon, so I’d happily add tons, but feel free to adjust my recipe to your taste buds.
I also add a handful of baby spinach, because it tastes great in the creamy tarragon sauce, but you don’t need it really. Peas and
I will say though, the massive amount of cream means that while the other ingredients are quite healthy, it’s not a diet-friendly meal. I highly recommend going for a long walk and eating it anyway, but if you’d prefer, swap the double cream for single, or try a half fat creme fraiche to reduce the calorie count and fat.
Creamy Salmon and Leek Pasta Bake
- 2 Salmon Fillets – Flaked
- 2 Leeks – Chopped
- 1 Onion – Finely Diced
- 100 g Baby Spinach
- 300 ml Double Cream
- Pinch Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Tarragon
- 300 g Penne – Cooked To Packet Instructions
- 50 g Parmasan – Grated
- 50 g Cheddar – Grated
- Cooking Oil
- Gently Heat a splash of cooking oil in a large frying pan
- Fry the onions and leeks for 5 minutes until soft
- Add the salmon and fry until pink
- Pour in the double cream, add the tarragon, salt and pepper, and spinach and stir
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Remove from the heat, add the cooked pasta and stir until thoroughly covered in sauce
- Gently tip into the ovenproof dish and top with the cheese
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the cheese has browned