I’m really funny with white chocolate. I’d never buy it. It’s never my first choice. I do occasionally buy a White Chocolate and Raspberry shortbread from sainsburys. But that’s about it. But, if there’s a white chocolate in a multipack, or someone else buys me something that includes white chocolate, I love them. I really enjoy the sweet, creamy taste. White Choc Chip Cookies work really well. The creamy chocolate is perfect in a soft cookie. They’re not as rich as other cookies, so you can eat more of them…that’s how it works, right?
I say I’m funny with white chocolate, but I’ve actually eaten loads of it lately. We started with our white chocolate and raspberry brownies, which were incredible. Then, husband bought me a variety pack of Lindor for valentine’s day which included the white chocolate version. I didn’t think I’d like them as much as the milk or hazelnut, but they were fantastic!
So it’s no surprise really that I wanted to have a go at these White Choc Chip Cookies. We had some white choc chips left in the cupboard, so it would have been rude not to!
I enjoyed my White Choc Chip Cookies with a cup of tea in the afternoon. The perfect afternoon reward after a crazy morning!
My White Choc Chip Cookies Recipe
White Choc Chip Cookies
- 125 g Melted butter
- 150 g Soft light brown sugar
- 50 g Caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- 300 g Plain flour
- 0.5 Tsp Baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 100 g White Choc chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and lightly grease a baking tray.
- Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, syrup and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Add Half the white choc chips and stir in.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir until it comes together in a dough, kneading with your hands if required.
- Separate into balls just smaller than a golf ball.
- Place on a baking tray, leaving plenty of room for spread. I do six per tray.
- Gently press down with your fingers until round and about 1/2cm thick.
- Press in the remaining chocolate chips gently.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Leave on the tray to cool for 2 minutes before removing and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.