These are the best brownies ever. If we weren’t already married, I’d marry him for his brownies alone. They’re so moist, soft, and chocolatey. Everything you want from a brownie. We love these that much that we’re planning on giving them to people for Christmas, along with some Gingerbread.
This recipe makes about 15 large brownies, half it if you want to make smaller, or less. I advise you to not look at how much sugar goes in. Just block it out. Don’t think about it. No sugar at all. If you did want to make the full 15, they freeze really well. And, last for about a week in the fridge. Some people like to warm them up to eat, but I actually really like them extra cold, straight out the fridge.
You will need:
- 265g Butter
- 265g Dark Chocolate
- 440g Caster Sugar (just do it quickly and pretend it never happened)
- 5 Eggs
- 135g Plain Flour
- 65g Cocoa Powder
Preheat the oven to 150 degrees, and line a large, deep baking tray with grease-proof paper. Or lightly grease it with butter. I tend to use paper, as it just makes them easier to get out when you’re done.
Melt the chocolate and butter together in a large mixing bowl, over a simmering pan of water. Stirring often. I’m terrible for melting the bowl to the pan. So make sure you either keep the temperature under control, or take the pan off the heat for a bit after a while.
Whisk together the sugar and eggs in a separate bowl, until they are light and fluffy, and have changed to an almost white colour.
Once the chocolate has completely melted into a nice smooth mixture, take off the heat and fold into the sugar mixture.
Sieve in the flour and cocoa, and fold together until it’s all mixed and the colour is nice and even.
Pour into the baking tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Extra Chocolatey Chocolate Brownies
- • 265g Butter
- • 265g Dark Chocolate
- • 440g Caster Sugar just do it quickly and pretend it n ever happened
- • 5 Eggs
- • 135g Plain Flour
- • 65g Cocoa Powder
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees and line a large, deep baking tray with baking parchment
- Melt the chocolate and butter together over a simmering pan of water. Stirring often.
- Whisk together the sugar and eggs
- Add the melted chocolate to the sugar and eggs and fold in well
- Sieve in the flour and cocoa, fold in until a nice smooth mixture
- Pour into the baking tray, spread evenly
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes