Jump to Recipe
I love pasta bake. It’s so easy; it’s the pasta version of a one-pan roast really. You just chop everything up, cook some pasta and throw it into the oven. This Cheesy Chicken and Chorizo Pasta Bake is filling, packed with flavours and has absolutely tons of cheese. Cheese and pasta, the perfect combination. It’s also always been an incredibly popular recipe on my blog. So I wanted to make a few updates and add some new photographs.
This recipe post contains affiliate links. This means that if you buy something after following a link in my post, I get a small commission. It in no way affects the price that you pay.
I love everything about my Cheesy Chicken and Chorizo Pasta Bake. Pasta is always a win for me. I think I could eat it every day and never get bored. Even just with a simple sauce, I love it. The same goes for chicken and cheese. They are probably three of the foods that I couldn’t live without.
Pasta Bake Mid-Week Dinner
Adding Chorizo gives it an extra something, it adds tons of
When I make my Cheesy Chicken and Chorizo Pasta Bake I tend to cook it on the hob earlier in the day. I like to cook it all in an ovenproof dish, to minimise the washing up, so I either put the lid on and leave it on the hob, or I pop it in the fridge, depending on when we’re eating it. Then I top with cheese and bake. Simples. It’s fantastic with salad or garlic bread, but completely fine on its own. Husband and the kids enjoy a pasta bake sandwich. Husband would eat anything on a sandwich though, to be honest!
I tend to give the dish a quick spray with a calorie
What Kind of Pasta Should I Use for Pasta-Bake?
Honestly, anything tube-like or chunky. I tend to just use super cheap penne, making this a really low-cost mid-week meal. But, bows would work, so would spirals or rigatoni.
How Long will Pasta Bake Keep?
This pasta bake is a pretty big meal. We tend to have quite a bit left even after four of us have tucked in. I take the leftovers out of the cooking dish and seal them in a tub. They keep in the fridge for a day or two and make wonderful pasta bake sandwiches.
Can I Freeze Pasta Bake?
If you don’t fancy eating it every day for a week, you can portion it up and freeze in the same sealed tubs. Just defrost thoroughly and cook in an ovenproof dish until the chicken is piping hot.
Cheesy Chicken and Chorizo Pasta Bake
- 300 g Penne -Cooked to packet instructions
- 200 g Chorizo -Peeled and sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic -Crushed
- 3 Chicken Breasts -Chopped
- 400 g Tinned Cherry tomatoes
- 400 g Chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- 75 g Soft Cheese
- 25 g Parmesan cheese -Grated
- 100 g Mozzarella -Grated
- Salt and Pepper
- Cooking Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Fry the chorizo in a little oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and garlic and fry for 5-10 minutes until browned.
- Add the tins of tomatoes and stir well.
- Stir in basil, oregano and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the soft cheese until it’s an even colour.
- Add the pasta and mix well.
- Tip into an ovenproof dish and top with grated parmesan and mozzarella.
- Bake in the for 30 minutes, until the top is bubbling and golden.